Suffolk - Blyth's Reed Warbler

I was itching to head out somewhere and by midday, I was still at home trying to work out the options.  Checking birdguides for one final time, a Blyth's Reed Warbler had been found in Southwold, Suffolk.  It hardly took a moment to get myself on the road.

It was a showery day, cool and cloudy, nothing remotely resembling June.

There was a small gathering but the viewing area was limited and therefore social distancing was well and truly out of the window.  Managing to just hang back, I was fortunate with a little guidance from David Bradnum to see the bird well through a gap singing heartily within the short reed.  Fortuitous as the bird promptly disappeared for a long period thereafter.


Showers were passing through but with a few hours to spare, I headed over to the tracks surrounding Minsmere RSPB reserve.  Parking up, I walked over to Dunwich Heath.


I was alone for over an hour and it was bliss.  The views over the cliff face and the reserve were really lovely, as was the Dartford Warbler that briefly popped up on the gorse.








Comments

Post a Comment