Warsaw
An early summer trip to Warsaw with the hope of enjoying some warm Polish weather sunshine to celebrate Kat's birthday with her parents for a change. There are some things you can plan for, but much like the UK, the weather is largely unpredictable. It was disappointingly cool and cloudy.
The journey out however was especially memorable. As a treat, I'd purchased Club Europe tickets for the outbound BA flight. Critics of BA abound in the airline business, but having experienced their premium European service, there is nothing but praise for the front-end product offering.
The BA lounge in T5 is by far the best that the terminal has to offer. Large floor area with plenty of food and drink, and great views across the airfield.

The on-board service was exceptional. The same cabin crew member whom I approached on the plane spent time with us during the flight, sharing her flying experiences and just being personable rather than just going through the motions (which I understand of course - it's a demanding job!). The meal was of a really good standard and the wine went down just fine. Just before landing, the cabin crew attendant handed Kat a gift (which I shouldn't really reveal) for her birthday and then announced her special day over the tannoy on-landing. Totally unprompted, just great service. So massive props to BA!
Despite the weather, Warsaw looked great. I really love the old town, Poland is a specialist of old town aesthetics but I guess that could be said for most of Europe. It's just nice to keep returning, grateful that I'm able to do so fairly regularly.









Comments
Post a Comment